“ You are not home,
not eyes, lungs, or liver.
You are not a crucial kidney
or unneeded appendix
and I do not expect you to be
as consistent as the
cycles of the moon.
you are about as necessary
as the spare coins
between the sofa cushions,
where my pockets sing their brimming
harmony against my thighs
with each step.
I do not need you
I do not dream of you as often as
I do about winning the
lottery or space shuttling to
sometimes I even forget about
you completely but
on the nights where I’ve talked myself
into believing that you are
here you come all lit up
like the tail-end of a comet,
streaking across the dark ceiling
of my bedroom and
gets caught between my eyelashes,
underneath my fingernails and the
lifelines of my palms and I am
on fire and the thought
of you is everything and
I am lit up like New York City.
So this is love,
or the beginnings of it:
ashes in the mouth
and glamorous things
like comets and
and other things—terrifying things—
you don’t yet have a name for.
The taste of beauty all burnt
up is not unfamiliar
because this is how love gets done—
in the dark, right under your nose,
in your very cells, a kind of mitosis,
cell division in the heart despite
despite the catastrophes and trying bravely,
foolishly, hopelessly to convince yourself
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
Warning: rape/rape apologism
Admin note: fuck everythingggggggggggg
A Voice for Men = A Voice for Rape Apologist Misogynists (who also whine a lot)
I don’t think what irks me about this statement is that it assumes women can’t handle the consequences of making their own decisions (which is a classic I’m sure we’ve all heard,) or that it parodies an actual rape awareness campaign (that decreased sexual assault in Vancouver by 10%.)
What’s really bugging me is that this, when combined with the abysmal understanding of consent in our society, is really just men who are upset that they don’t get to define consent for the people they want to fuck.
AVFM isn’t even concerned for men falsely accused of rape - they’re just straight up worried that men can be accused of rape.
^ important commentary
And why did Spiderman have to get brought into this? MRAs fucking shit up left and right
page france // “chariot”you’re a wrecking ball with a heart of gold
Seriously one of my all time favourite dialogue exchanges on Daria.